Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Day 5

The 25 Days of Christmas
Day 5
(A Photo Story)



One of the things that I want Anderson to learn as he grows up is that Christmas is not all about "me, me, me".  So today Anderson and I went to Andy's work to hand out candy canes.  This was hard for Anderson for two reasons.  First, he can be shy in new situations.  Not scared, just reserved.  And two, he loves candy canes, so he was a little reluctant to give them away.  He gave away his first candy cane to Andy's principal.  There was a slight pause as he handed it over, but he did not make a fuss.  But as we handed out our last candy canes, he was giving them a way like they were, well, like they were candy!  He is only 20 months old, so he can't tell me what caused the change.  Even if he could speak in sentences, he would not be able to articulate the change he experienced.  But as a mom, I saw what caused the change.  The joy on the faces of the recipients.  Anderson had experienced for himself the amazing miracle in which by giving we receive.  I hope it is an experience he has over and over again in his lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment