Friday, December 21, 2012

Advent Day 21

The 25 Days of Christmas
Day 21
(No a Photo Story)

So it is ironic that today the shortest day of the year (daylight hours) actually felt like by far the longest day leading up to Christmas.  I guess Anderson woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or his teeth are hurting him (I think his back molars are slowly trying to come in), or maybe he is starting to get sick.  I don't know, and he is 21 months old and can't tell me.  But for whatever reason, he was very out of sorts today.  He was throwing temper tantrums like a crazy man, he went to sleep for his nap at 11am and only slept an hour, and he took another nap at 5:45 while on the way to dinner with Pa and Luvie.  In addition to that, I accidentally dropped his little Lighting McQueen car into a pool of hot wax (my "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" Yankee Candle).  And then he slipped and bumped his head on the tub while in the shower (he is fine).  Thank goodness this was Andy's last day before Christmas Break or else the name of it would need to be changed to Kate's Christmas Breakdown. ;)  So I am sorry to say, but we never actually opened an Advent Envelop today.  But Anderson and I did watch a new Christmas classic "Elf" while we waited for the last hour to pass before daddy came home from work.  I don't have any photographic evidence.  You just have to trust that I did something "Christmas-y" with my little man today!

No comments:

Post a Comment