Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sunday afternoons

I love Sunday afternoons.  Mostly because they are spent with my family with no agendas.  We just eat lots of good food and have lots of fun.  This Sunday my mom was out of town, so my dad was the cook for the day which means he grilled delicious cheese burgers for us.  After lunch we ended up where we usually end up... on the hill.  

There were rocks to be hauled.  


 



But the real fun was still to come... 

About a year ago my parents bought a go-cart.  Many children have enjoyed making laps around the barn in that go-cart in the last year.  But there was one kid in particular that my parents were eager to get behind the wheel.  Yep, you guessed it.  Anderson!    He has enjoyed sitting on the go-cart, sitting in the go-cart with the front propped up so that he could turn the wheels, and being pushed around the barn without the motor turned on.  


 
But this past Sunday, he enjoyed the go-cart on a whole new level- sitting on daddy's lap with the motor running.  And yes, he was wearing his sunglasses and helmet- safety first.  
 He actually was a little overwhelmed by the whole experience and was wanting off after just to laps.  But I have a sneaking suspicion that in the years to come we are going to have to pry him off that thing!

1 comment: