Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday afternoons

Since Andy and I got married, we spend Sunday afternoons at my parents' (now called Pa and Luvie) house.  And we are continuing that tradition with Anderson.

After lunch Luvie and Anderson went up on the hill to play, allowing mommy and daddy to both take a nap.  Anderson is adjusting amazingly well, but we haven't reached the point where he is sleeping through the night.  Any chances for extra sleep are always appreciated!
 I adore watching my child sleep.  Today I got to snuggle up beside him while he snoozed in peaceful slumber.  I cherish moments like this.
 This is the smile of a very amused little boy, and he looks like this most of the time that he is in Pa's arms.
 This is also a smile, but it is the prelude to the all out grin.  I love it when he purses his lips together like this.
 My boys, Daddy and Anderson, up on the hill.  The Hill is what we call the barn, garden and field area of my parents' property.  It is where Andy and I were married.  It has hosted bridal parties, cookouts, and movie night.  And is the place we always ended up at on a cool afternoon.  Now as a mom, I love it for an all new reason.  It is now where near anything else.  Which means my little guy can run around and explore without anyone having to be holding him or holding his hand. 
 Mommy and Anderson.  We are still working on his "cheese".
 Anderson has conflicted emotions about my parents' black lab, Jake.  His head tells him that is a huge monster, so stay away which causes Anderson to latch onto whoever is holding him any time Jake is near.  But his heart tells him that Jake will one day be his best buddy so he wants to be near Jake.  He even holds out his hand a uses his "come here" sign that Luvie taught him.  All this is to say, that this is where Anderson sat to watch Pa train Jake to retrieve his "dummy" this afternoon. 

He eventually walked over to Jake and stood about a foot from Jake while Pa held him.  This is real progress.  We are very close to our first Jake petting.  We have successfully petted Rusty, the horse, and Cleo, the cat.  We have practiced petting, kissing and hugging animals this past week with Anderson's stuffed animal.  I think it is working!
 Luvie's sunflowers are gorgeous this year.
Oh Anderson, there is so much for you to see and do.  We are so excited to experience it all with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment