Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nothing Special

Today (June 30) we packed up our campsite in Glacier and headed south toward Rapid City, SD. We drove pretty much all day until we got to a KOA in Hardin, MT, in the Crow Native American Reservation. We ate a quick supper at a place called Taco John's. It's a west coast version of Taco Bell. The power was out at the campsite when we got there due to a storm, so we played UNO for a while and Kate continued her utter domination. Why does she always get a Wild Card when I'm about to win? We'll never know, but she's up 22-12 now, and there's little hope of my coming back. That's about it for today, ergo the title "Nothing Special".

Tomorrow we'll arrive in Rapid City and spend some time at the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore. We're planning on being at Mt. Rushmore on July 3rd for fireworks which should be good. Don't know if Uncle John has internet so it may be a few days before I can post again. Hopefully I'l have some better stuff for you to view than today's soon.

~Andy

2 comments:

  1. We were at Mt. Rushmore yesterday!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. We met a man who worked on the carving and he signed a book for us! It was cool. I wish we were there for the fireworks. Have fun!! Love, Victoria and Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. =( I miss you guys! I'm so jealous of your trip, it almost makes me sad to read the blog! School finished yesterday and I had my first workday of the new school year today. (Blah!) I'm beginning to really hate year round school! My kids come back on Tuesday, which only leaves me Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for my "summer." I'm headed to Vass, NC on Friday(outside of Fayetteville) to play on the lake there with a new "friend." He's cute and he's in the Air Force. Perhaps a little summer romance could be in my future???? Possibly. Looks like someone's getting her Emily back! Stella would be jealous! Have fun and be safe. And remember... www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkWWnZm6-w

    Love,
    Em

    ReplyDelete