Sunday, June 28, 2009

Canada...Eh?

Today we woke up and headed to a magical land. A land that flows with syrup and snow. The land of Canada. Glacier shares a border with Canada's Waterton Lakes National Park. We got to the border and got questioned by the Canadian customs agent, which was a little intimidating. I found myself stuttering and sweating a bit even though I obviously had nothing to hide. I guess I would never make a good secret agent. He was very nice and did give me a "Have a nice day eh" when he let us through. We went into the Alberta Province and found our way to the Waterton Village area. Canada looks a lot like Northern Montana. Weird huh?


Our first stop was the Prince of Wales Hotel. It is perched on a hill overlooking a lake and has a breathtaking view from the lobby. It is very British and would be great to stay in, although we assume it's pretty expensive.



We walked around some of the little shops and ate lunch at Zum's. I had a delicious cheeseburger, which is my first in 2 weeks, believe it or not. After lunch, we walked around a bit more then saw a Royal Mounted Police Station that we had to get a photo of. Unfortunately there were no Mounties readily avaialble for a photo, so we had to settle for the sign.


The best part of Canada was the fact the the American dollar is strong right now, so it was like getting a 20% discount everywhere you went. Pretty cool!

We headed back into the States and got grilled again by the customs agent. I liked the Canadian guy better, but I missed my homeland while I was gone. We headed into town to do a little blogging and that's where you find me right now. Tonight we are going to go to worship at 6:00pm and then back to Fishercap Lake for some more moose hunting. hopefully we'll be able to squeeze a shower in somewhere along the line. It's been a while for us. I probably won't post again until South Dakota in a couple of days. Until then.

~Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment