Friday, July 2, 2010

FINtastic Friday!

Our first day of our trip took us to my big sister, Nicole’s, house in Atlanta. We got there Thursday afternoon and played some Wii with my niece Marin. I’m pretty good at rhythm kung fu on the Wii fit. Then we went to the pool for a quick afternoon dip. We had a delicious dinner with Nicole and her husband Robert then called it a night.



Friday morning we went to the Georgia aquarium with Nicole and Marin. It’s the biggest aquarium in the world, so we were pretty excited. Nicole drove us there, which helped me to enjoy it even more since I didn’t have to drive in downtown Atlanta.

This aquarium was incredible. They have a pair of beluga whales that swim right up to the glass. We could have stayed and watched them for hours. They also have a pair of whale sharks that were pretty impressive. They had a giant manta ray and all kinds of other things. Kate took pictures of everything there. Check out the pictures on Facebook to get a good idea of everything we saw.









The beluga whales were my favorite, but Marin (my niece) said the penguins were her favorite. They had a little tunnel you could crawl through and stand up in the penguin habitat. You were still closed off from the penguins obviously, but it was cool to stand right next to them.






Tonight we’re going to meet Kate’s Mom, Dad and Granny and Turner Field for an Atlanta Braves game. We woke up to rain this morning, but it looks like the weather is going to be nice tonight. Kate is pretty excited because they have a huge fireworks show after the game. We’ll put pictures up of the game tomorrow. If you want to see all our pictures as we post them on Facebook and you’re not my friend, be sure to send me a request so you can view them.

2 comments:

  1. That looks fun. I bet I know two other kids who would like that aquarium!

    Maylin and Pierson were doing the "No hair, Andy" thing again today! So don't worry they won't forget you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure to show them my picture every day. If you want to frame one and put it over their beds I'm OK with that. ; )

    ReplyDelete