Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fishin' at the Lake

How much do I love summer. I went fishing today with my father-in-law, Jim at Lake Tillery near Albemarle. It started out pretty hot but it turned out to be a very nice afternoon. The humidity went away and we had a nice little breeze. When we started fishing, we did really well. The fish jump out of water while they are feeding so you can see where to cast. I caught 6 large mouth bass in all. One of them got off before I could get it in the boat, but I had it out of the water so I say it counts. Jim caught a combination of bass and perch. We both did well. We didn't want to leave, because the fish were just starting to get really active again, but we thought a storm was coming and you don't want to be in the middle of a lake during a lighting storm. It was a great afternoon.

We're leaving for our mission trip to Costa Rica Saturday morning. We have to be at the airport at 4:15am so we're getting up at 2:30am. Gross! Hopefully we'll be able to sleep on the plane. I'm sure there won't be internet there, but we'll have losts of pics and blog it all when we get back.

~Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment